Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

As You Look At The Day Before You...

The phrase that ends this sentence - "you see a twisted, complicated path, with branches going off in all directions" - FREAKS ME OUT. Does it give you that feeling too, or am I the only one.

I have been becoming so aware of my fear of tragedy. Of bad things in general. Sometimes that fear literally overtakes me. I think that I see things in scenarios a lot. I can either be drawn closer to God through visualizing His goodness, Him looking down on me, His Light, etc. OR I can be completely drawn away from Him if I allow the evil one to form scenarios in my head that make me fear life itself. For example, if I imagine losing someone I love, I can allow myself to visualize it so much that it becomes real - often bringing me to tears. Anyways, because of my tendency to do this, I am at risk for living a life completely looking for ways to avoid risk, possible trouble, and to keep my life in perfect order, ensuring myself as much as possible that nothing will hurt me.

Does this sound like a recipe for boredom to you? Me too. Spiritual boredom, physical boredom, mental boredom, social boredom. It also sounds like a recipe for high anxiety. Therefore, November 15 & 16 devotionals were full of great wisdom, speaking right to the heart of my soul.

The truth in life is that we are never to keep our eyes on the what if's. Right? Does that sound too extreme? I'm not sure. I think that trust in God means that we are able to see the what if's and not get anxious about them. What incredible power that sounds like, and it is TRUTH! Our God is bigger than anything we may encounter, and He already knows how we will get through everything. Approaching difficulties with a "light touch" is sheer brilliance. It is much like holding things in life with an open hand. The trust we can have in God and the power that is made available is a limitless blessing. Let's CHOOSE consciously, through prayer and action, to try it out in our lives.

LOVE YOU GIRLS!

Jaymee

No comments:

Post a Comment