'Rest in me, weary one, for this is a form of worship.' We run, we hurry, we scurry, we worry, we run a little more and then by the time nightfall is upon us we shocked that we made it through that blender of a day.
What if our day... especially this Sunday- the Sabbath- looked a little more like this. We slept in, we prayed, we dove into the word and re-read the passage we read the first time, we took our time eating a nourishing breakfast, we prayed again, we worshiped with a body of believers at church, we smiled genuine, life-giving smiles, we really LOOKED at the people we were talking to, we prayed some more, we ate a late and lovely lunch, we took a stroll with the people we loved at a pace that almost forced conversation to go to a deeper, more-meaningful place, and as the sunset met nightfall we had enough thoughts left to think over our day in complete fulfillment, contentment, and thankfulness.
Oh how needed the Sabbath is. Even if it is in the form of a 30 minute nap on a Wednesday. REST. Worship Him, and rest.
Short and sweet.
Love you all!

Kristin, I love how you added in "even if it is just a 30 minute nap on a Wednesday." I tend to think of sleep as being unproductive, meaningless, and lazy. Especially when I'm having some quiet time with God and I fall asleep. But I totally agree with you, rest and sleep can both be acts of worship - anything can be, I think - do you think so? Depending on where your heart and focus are, God can use anything to His advantage. I don't know, correct me if I'm totally wrong, please. Great entry though, very refreshing.
ReplyDeleteI agree, amazingly nice and a 'deep breath' entry for me. But Jaymee, I totally agree! I was listening to K-love a little while ago and they had a couple nutritionists on in a row and one of them talked about how eating healthy is good but if you indulge on something, don't make it an act of regret. If you want a candy bar, eat a candy bar! But thank God before you do and have a positive look on what you're doing and it can be an act of worship.
ReplyDeleteI just loved that! Eating something delicious can definitely be an act of worship, as well as taking a much needed nap. If we thank God for what he's done for even giving us the half hour we need to refuel, I think that's a great form of worship!
Love you all!!
Maybe I just love the poetic sound of it - my favorite line of this entry "as the sunset met nightfall." - beautiful writing, sweetie.
ReplyDelete