Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 11- This Is The Day That I Have Made


... so let us rejoice and be glad in it." When I am able to approach each day with this kind of perspective, I am free to live the life God set out for me to live. I love what is written about human frailty. God PURPOSELY made us weak and unable to solve all the world's problems in one day because He knew we would (at some point) turn towards Him for help!

"Be careful not to complain about anything... since I am the author of your circumstances."

I don't know about you, but there are days that without being fully aware of it- I find myself grumbling about every situation that comes my way. "I am so tired, I hate sitting in traffic, Does this person even know how much they are annoying me? etc. Have you ever met a notorious complainer? Someone who religiously finds the bad in every circumstance? Are these people at all fun to be around? No! And sometimes I AM that person!

Sometimes I find myself complaining because I'm faced with a situation I can't control. I start thinking about the future, and when it begins to feel daunting I immediately resort to a complaint. Sarah Young writes, "In order to find joy in this day (not happiness, but REAL and GENUINE JOY) you must live within it's boundaries." Think of today as TODAY and suddenly, life seems so much more fulfilling, less stressful, and just DOable.

Love to you all. :)

-K

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Sometimes that's the easiest way to go about things - by complaining because that makes us feel better (?). But what you said is so true, sister! Finding TODAY to be a blessing and a treat from our Lord is much more fulfilling! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete