
... is a moment-by-moment choice.
I feel as though trusting anybody in this life is a moment-by-moment choice. Because we are imperfect people, we enter into relationships thinking some naturally untrusting thoughts. When the person on the other end of a relationship shows us time and time again that they are worth trusting THEN we are able to give more and more of our heart away.
What is SO different about a relationship with God is that He's perfect. Even when we're 'walking through the valley of the shadow of death" He KNOWS us, GUIDES us, and LOVES us perfectly. He promises to give us rest when we're weary, give us strength when we're weak, be our light when we're covered in darkness and WITHOUT FAIL He delivers- if we trust Him to.
Maybe you're in the middle of a situation right now that you don't necessarily understand. This is the fork in the road. And honestly, throughout this entire trial that you're going through, you'll see thousands more of little forks that could be labeled as "Trust me" or "Don't Trust Me."
Austin and I are apart and there is a re-occurring opportunity every moment that I think of him to decide either, "This sucks, I don't understand it and I want it my way" or "This is hard, I don't understand it, but I take JOY in the fact that someone greater than me does understand. And I trust Him."
The second option isn't only what God calls me to think, but it's freeing, it's hopeful, and it allows me to go through my life here on earth relying on more that my own abilities. Because Lord knows- if I relied on me and me ALONE we'd have some real issues!
I will trust you this day, God. I will come to you when I don't understand. And I thank you for these opportunities to trust you more.

Kristin,
ReplyDeleteYOU are an amazing human being. I know that things are hard right now - and I don't think God would've wanted it to be 100% easy! We grow most when we don't understand but we TRUST in God! And goodness, Kristin - it is beautiful to see that you're trusting in God so completely! I love you!!