
One day in February I was looking for an entry out of Jesus calling that had to do with love as an encouragement to the women coaches that I work with for Valentine's Day. This one jumped off the page because of how often we associate love (on this earth or from heaven) with how we're doing, or how we're performing. Sometimes I don't even realize how much of myself is valued in my performance until I don't hear any affirmation about what I had been working on and I am crushed!
It goes to show that my self worth can lie solely on how good of a job I'm doing in my work, my marriage, my friendships, my social life or even my walk with God. And that is a trap! Why? Because we're human. We fail more than we succeed- we're just really good at covering those failures up with excuses, blame and other successes.
Here's the best news you'll hear all day. God is the king and the creator of unconditional love. That means in our mess-ups, our failures, or brokenness, and our ignorance of Him HE STILL LOVES US AS COMPLETELY AS THE DAY WE CAME TO KNOW HIM.
No matter what you bring to the table, this is the one relationship that has the potential to be 'baggage free.' What an amazing hope to know that there's nothing we can do to make Him love us any MORE and nothing we can do to make Him love us any LESS.
The verses given used words like everlasting, steadfast, and perfect to describe His love. That is like no other love we could or would ever know. And the coolest part is, having the love of Christ in my heart makes me better at loving EVERYONE else in my life. I have more unconditional, and steadfast love because I know it was first given to me. AMEN.
Love you guys,
KS

Kris you just make everything so understandable and a treat to read! After reading your entries I'm always aching to jump up and do something productive with the news I just heard! Bravo!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!