
"As the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
Wow... if that doesn't say it all right there! Because I am so human I know I will try to take over today with my thoughts and my ways (as if I could hold water to the thoughts and the ways of God Almighty!) but I will try. I'm finding that growth in my heart and my walk happens the sooner that I recognize my sudden urge to take over. It used to be days... even weeks that I would be living my life acknowledging God but never allowing Him the control. Something stressful, or unexpected would happen and I would flee to God anticipating to run a far distance. But here's the thing: HE IS RIGHT HERE. He is so close and was still walking through my day with me. I was just completely ignoring Him.
It hurts my heart to think about, but it frees it to know that we have a forgiving and loving God that expects me to stray. The victory comes in recognizing my tendencies. Becoming aware of triggers and circumstances that put me back in the driver's seat is the first step to trusting God more! Here's a few:
-Being rushed
-Being consumed with noise all day
-Taking my Bible with me places but never opening it
-Getting a compliment and agreeing with it enough to boost my pride a little too much
-Fashion magazines! (A fun one but often makes me want more, more more! of the world)
Those are just some triggers I've found in my life that put Kristin exactly where she doesn't belong- In control.
His Thoughts and His Ways blow mine out of the water! I humble myself to His plan enough today to hear his whispers and act on his promptings.
IN JESUS' NAME,
Amen

I agree with most of your triggers, Kristin! Except, instead of "fashion magazines" I might have "sports talk radio".
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting this in terms that all of us can really relate to. Well done!
i can relate to your triggers as well - and unfortunately, even fashion magazines. especially fashion magazines. but being rushed, too. thank you for your perspective and honesty. isn't it amazing when God gives you even just a sneak peak of how He is growing you and helping you to identify those triggers that lead to His intended peace? He is awesome. Great entry.
ReplyDeleteummm have you ever studied to be a teacher?! :) you always break everything down into simple terms! Thanks :)....i was SO convicted by this devotional because MY triggers are silly check lists...when my check list is done i feel like im still not accomplished and become VERY IMPATIENT. Little do I know that It's never MY checklist i should be trying to complete, but God's and my patience :)
ReplyDeleteI love writing a blog with such intelligent women :) thank you ALL for being honest and such amazing writers!
ReplyDeleteWell done, sister! I loved how God is never far away from us; we should never feel alone! He is always with us! Incredible fact to try and wrap your brain around