Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Expect to encounter adversity..

Each day we are faced with obstacles and challenges that we must overcome. If you are all anything like me, I spend way too much time worrying about these situations to the point where it consumes me. Recently, I have been stressing over going back to school and creating a schedule that works around my busy softball life (pretty insignificant when I really sit down to think about things). When I get worried or stressed about anything, I let it take over until it is the only thing on my mind and that is when I realize how I have completely pushed God out of the picture. The second I start carrying all the weight of my worries, I tell God that I can do everything on my own and that I don't need Him. When in reality, He is the only way I can ever get through anything. After talking to numerous friends and family, I began to pray that He would chip away at the anxiety I was feeling, and slowly but surely, each day got a little bit better. Now, I feel good about the semester to come and I am actually pretty excited to get going, but I know that if I had not lifted all my worry and anxiety to God, that I would still be weighed down by this overpowering fear.
I've started to accept that life isn't made to be easy or to have all the answers and solutions handed to me. We are supposed to face these 'impossibilities' that truly are beyond our capabilities so that when we begin to feel inadequate, then we will trust in Him to lead the way. And that is right where He wants us, so that we may see His glory and power shine. We can never do anything alone, but with Him anything is possible. It may be a cliche', but that is what I truly believe. I know I will always have fears and anxiety, but the more I turn to God and let Him be in control, the less I have to worry about anything. I pray that we all can turn our fears, anxiety, worries or whatever it may be over to God so that He may help us through any tough time we may currently be going through or may go through in the future.

"He is my my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust"

Hope all are well and worry-free!


1 comment:

  1. Annie,

    What great words of wisdom. I feel the same way. I have seen God's faithfulness beautifully orchestrated in my life and yet there are still so many instances when worry gets the best of me and God gets pushed out. How great to see an answer to your prayers (and the prayers of those you love) before school gets going. Even as I write this I am saying a little prayer for you and your year. That God will be the new consumption and instead of worry, His spirit will allow you to live in freedom in ways you may never have experienced before.

    Love,

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete