I don't know about you, but I love watching those messy house shows like "Clean House", "How Clean is Your House", or the horrifying "Hoarders". For some reason, I enjoy watching experts come in to someone's disaster-of-a-house, react in horror to the grime and mold, sort through junk, teach the homeowners how to clean, then leave the premises with the home passing the white glove test with ease.
How about when the mess occurs in the middle of my day? And, it's not a physical mess, it's a mental mess; a spiritual mess; an emotional mess... what then? Our friend Sarah writes that my inner calm need not be shaken by what is going on around me. In detaching myself from the disturbance, I relinquish control (which I really didn't have anyway,) and rely on God to grant me peace.
So, when I'm stuck in traffic, or, late for an appointment, or stressing out in the middle of a hectic day, or at night when I simply can't quiet my mind long enough to sleep - I will remember that's God's peace is more than sufficient for me. Take heart - he has overcome the world!
Karin
John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world"
Psalm 105:4 - Look to the Lord, and his strength; seek his face always
John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

so true mom! sometimes even if i have a great quiet time... by mid-day i need to reevaluate how to let God speak into my life!! our lives are one huge mess without God! And we need Him so much! I love those shows too. The Hoarding one does scare me a lot!
ReplyDeleteLove you