
Aren't we all looking for this? I looked up the word peace online and thousands of images popped up of peace signs, doves, flowers, hands holding... but one image popped up that caught my eye- it was this quote that I have posted.
Having peace in this increasing stress-driven world isn't about completely abandoning myself from my job, hard work etc... it's about living this life with the world spinning madly around me with the security and calm heart knowing Jesus is walking with me.
True peace is a cost. As this entry says; for both the giver and the receiver. The cost for the giver is a life- taken on the cross. Ironically, the cost for the receiver is also a life- but unlike any other 'taken life' giving a life for Jesus Christ is not the end but the exciting beginning!
Peace to me means knowing through my mess ups, insecurities and fears there is a savior and friend that is by my side and will still love me perfectly. Peace to me means having a calm spirit in a roller-coaster life. All that is possible and ALL things are possible with Jesus. LOVE that.
Love YOU katie- what does peace mean to you?

(Love you sister!)
ReplyDeletePeace, to me, is a word that I feel like all people would think of differently. There's the peace that surrounds you when you finally finish a project or tell someone something important. Then there's a more physical peace that I think of - when you're laying in a hammock on a beach with the sun coating you with enough heat to stay warm. (Love that one! :)) But there is a peace that cannot be found without the love our Jesus. And that, I feel, is the hardest one to get! I have trouble finding it or even seeking for it in times when I know I'm not doing my best. There is NOTHING like the feeling of knowing you have the peace of Jesus Christ resting weightlessly on your shoulders. I love it. It's the kind of peace that is most important and most life changing.
Love you Kris-Sis!