The Lord is our STRENGTH. I loved how it said that instead of assessing our energy level and trying to figure out what's next, we should turn to God, because He knows what is next and will give us the strength we need to overcome it. "Refuse to waste energy worrying, and you will have strength to spare."The Lord is our SHIELD. It said that His presence watches over us continually - to known and unknown dangers. This is extremely reassuring to me because even when we don't know that something may be dangerous to us, God does, and He will protect us from it.
Random memory that popped into my mind then - During FCA at South, Mr. B was telling us about a conversation that he and Jules had after her brothers and their friends got into a car accident. He said that God was watching over them and, by His grace, none of them were hurt. She then asked if bad things happen to only those who don't trust in Jesus. (or something like that) But it was an amazingly insightful question, and one with a in depth and difficult answer. I know this to not be true, but I have a hard time coming up with a logical answer sometimes. Of course, Mr. B had a great answer, and left us believing in an Almighty God when we left that night.
Love you, sister!

That line about assessing our energy levels stood out to me too! I approach my day like a fighter... 'okay, what do I have to do to survive this one?' When really, it's the Holy Spirit as our strength that gets us through each and every day.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing to have a job that is so built around relationships- sustaining present ones, encouraging new ones, and rekindling old ones. Sometimes that part of my job drains me emotionally. I get home and don't even know how to hold a conversation anymore :) But lately I've realized that as uncomfortable as my job is at time- it DEMANDS me to be caught up in the Spirit in order to get through. When I acknowledge my Lord next to me, ask for the ability to trust, ask for wisdom- He never fails me. And after a 10-hour work day I feel incredibly energized because Jesus is my strength.
After going to this funeral yesterday for someone who didn't know Jesus and left a legacy as a great guy, fantastic coach, and amazing margarita maker... it got me to thinking about how suddenly 'life happens.' This man had a heart attack that killed him instantly- and then life on earth was just... done. This entry made me think about God as our shield. How often have there been close calls in my life or in the lives of my loved ones where I can't help but praise God for His protection. But what about those times where He doesn't intervene for those who believe in Him? I only have one thought when it comes to those people- and I'm going to steal it from Carrie Underwood..
"This is my temporary home,
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms...
That I'm passing through
This is just a stop
On the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know
This my Temporary Home."
I love that song, Kristin!! Great connection! Love you
ReplyDelete