Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010- Worship Me Only

Whatever occupies your mind most becomes your God.

Wow. How often throughout my day does Jesus occupy my thoughts?

Not as often as these thoughts...

What should I wear today?
I wonder why that person did that?
I'm nervous about what's next
I'm unable or inadequate
What's my next 'to do' item?
How can I rush through this next task?

Worries and anxieties can become idols... But we can break free from this bodage by affirming our trust in Jesus.

I need to recite these words even more- "Jesus, I trust you." Sometimes it takes two or three times saying it out loud before I truly believe it. :)

But when my worries turn to trust and my anxieties turn to peace- something amazing happens... Something bigger than me... Heaven wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment