Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28 - As You Look

into the day that stretches out before you, you see many choice points along the way.


Sarah Young writes here that we must make our choices one at a time. It's brilliant thinking, actually. Before I could decide where I wanted to go to college, I had to choose if I wanted to play volleyball or not. Before I began putting most of my time into volleyball, I had to decide if I enjoyed that more than basketball or soccer. I know those stretch throughout a long period of time, but they happened in the correct order.

Sadly, most of the decisions that we make throughout the day aren't as easy to prioritize. We may begin making choices that should happen a month from now because they bring promise or joy while planning them. God wants us to be spontaneous because He works most strongly through our lives that way. Sometimes we can feel secure in our solid plans or decisions. I'm starting to realize that God wants us to feel secure in Him! He will put things on our hearts when their time comes.

Lord - Help us to take one day and one decision at a time. We may feel unnerved because it's not how we usually go about our days, but help us to lean on You in those times! We love You, Lord. Thank You for being strong always, so it's not life or death when we falter. Love! Amen!

Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how great his entry was for me to read. Not only am I so gulity of planning things and thinking about things so far in advance, but it totally kicks God out of the plans when I do that.

    What a great and reflective thought. I am so grateful for you and your wisdom-despite being 5 years younger than me!

    You're amazing. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete