If you're like me, you're wondering: "What the heck is a crucible?" Well, here's how Webster's defines it:
1. A vessel of a very refractory material, as porcelain, used for melting a substance that requires a high degree of heat
2. A severe test
3. A place or situation in which concentrated forces interact to cause or influence change or development
Me? I really like a combination of 2 & 3...a severe test which causes or influences change.
I feel like my life is a constant conglomeration of tests (some severe,) that should cause or influence change in me. But, they don't always. The degree to which I change is the degree to which I let God influence me. How much am I "deifying my desires" and not allowing God to carry out His intentions for me??
I don't often think of myself as God, but every time I cause my desires to gain priority over His for me, I am really playing God. And, confidentially, I SUCK at being God. Trust me. This is 54 years of experience talking.
So, Dear Lord, put me in the crucible. Use the hot, hot fire of your will for me & burn off any remnants of my own selfish will. Amen.
1 Peter 5: 6,7:
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18:
Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.


Mom! Sadly I know how much dumb turmoil getting this blog to post took you - dumb computers!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBut, MOM! Can I please say that I know it was hard, but I sure hope it was worth it! I absolutely loved getting your perspective on this because I feel like I couldn't have translated it as well as you.
I was mostly struck on the part distinguishing between our priorities and God's. I'm feeling that being a Christian definitely isn't the easiest path you can take with your life. But let me tell you - it is amazingly rewarding!
Love it! Thank you for sticking it out, Mom, brilliant writing!
Mom- I loved this!!! Sometimes I am blinded by fear or confusion when I'm 'going through the fire' and I am unable to see the circumstances as a purification process! So great!
ReplyDelete