What to wear...what to wear...what to wear??
A daily decision for all of us! A big interview? That power suit! Hanging out with friends at the ballpark? T-shirt & shorts! Boating? That new swimming suit that miraculously fits well! What we wear is very dependent on what we're going to be doing.
Sarah Young is quick to point out that how we DO each day is very dependent on WEARING our God. She suggests putting God on at the beginning of each day. The sooner we put God on, the better prepared we are for whatever comes our way. I admit that I'm guilty of putting on God after my day is well underway. Maybe if I put Him on earlier each day, I'd have more grace during my daily commute. Or, more patience for the 9-month-old in my charge.
So, as you're choosing which earrings to wear, which shoes look best - think, "I'm going to make sure I'm wearing God before I leave the house!" The day ahead will be far easier to navigate.
Psalm 27:8 - My heart says of you, "Seek His face!"
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Romans 13:14 - Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ,
and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature

Good, good, GOOD advice with the earring and shoes part! We can remember to put Him on with the rest of our ensemble - very nicely done! Love!
ReplyDeleteI loved this mom! It's so good knowing that without 'wearing' our God we are not at all prepared for the day ahead of us. It's like expecting to survive a Chicago winter with a t-shirt and shorts! You're going to get creamed! He is needed and His armor is needed! Thanks! Love you!
ReplyDelete