....accept the situation immediately!!!!!
I apologize for getting a little bit crazy with the exclamation points, but I can just hear God yelling this straight at me!
"Remember that I am sovereign over your circumstances.....rejoice what I am doing in your life even though it is beyond YOUR understanding.....don't let the impact of the world shatter your thinking, or draw you away.....the ULTIMATE challenge is to stay fixed on me no matter your surroundings."
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Anyone who has heard me talk about my work environment knows that sadly, it has been a really hard environment to keep a good attitude. There are people constantly complaining about schedules, co-workers, patients, salary, etc.. I find myself having to adjust and re-adjust my own attitude multiple times during the day reminding myself to be positive.
I wonder sometimes why I am still stuck in this same situation that seems so horrible! Well thank you Sarah for writing this devotion to deeply convict me!
1 Peter 5:6 states"humble yourselves therefore under God's might hand that he may lift you up in due time." Here I am in this situation feeling sorry for myself when God is trying to challenge me all along to FOCUS ON HIM! HUMBLE YOURSELF! Your surroundings are there for a reason, do not let them lead you away from me, I am here! The next verse goes on to say..."Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
Lord, How encouraging it is to know you create circumstances and specific surroundings for our own personal CHALLENGE! Please remind us that challenges are not to be met alone, but along with your guidance and perspective. Please help us to be strong in worldly conditions and not shatter. LOVE YOU, AMEN.

Please remind us that challenges are not to met alone, but along with your guidance and perspective.
ReplyDeleteLOVED that. Even though I sometimes recognize that God is behind all the trials in my life looking to mold me and grow me... sometimes I still try to combat the tribulation on my own! That is not at all how I'm designed! I will pray for you this week at work! Jesus shows up in you there more than you could ever know! That place needs you desperately! They are blessed to have such a light!
K
it sounds like they are definitely blessed to have you! i will be praying for you too this week.
ReplyDeleteGod is an intentional God, and you might be the only person who brings Jesus into that environment on any given day- and that is no doubt part of why you are there!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this, Aubrie!
thank you for all the encouragement and prayers ladies :)
ReplyDelete