Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 11th- Come to Me

Come to me. Come to me.

Coming close to Me requires no great effort on your part; it's more like ceasing to resist the magnetic pull of My Love.

I want you to experience how wide and long and high and deep is My Love for you, so that you can know My Love that surpasses knowledge.

This vast ocean of Love cannot be measured or explained, but it can be experienced.

These were the lines that really stood out to me in this entry because this is something God has been teaching me this last month. To Come to Him. I am a planner and I love to know exactly what's going to happen in my life. I'm always looking forward to the weekend or the next trip I'm taking. However I miss little blessings or surprises along the way because I'm not living in the moment and learning to come to Jesus, sit in His presence, and rely on Him for my next move.

This passage from Forgotten God challenged me:
"There are very few people in the scriptures who receive their life plan from God in advance. Consider Abraham, who was told to pick up his family and start walking. He didn't know where he was going. He didn't know if he would ever be back. He didn't know any of the details we consider vital (e.g. his destination, how long the venture would take, what the cost/rewards would be, whether he'd receive a 401 k or health insurance). God said go and he went, and that's pretty much all he knew.
God cares more about our response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than about what we intend to do next year. In fact, the decisions we make next year will be profoundly affected by the degree to which we submit to the Spirit right now, in today's decisions. "

So I guess the big thing that I'm learning right now in my life is to Come to Him in EVERYTHING.

Sorry this entry is a little scatterbrained, I hope everyone is able to kinda follow my crazy trail of thought!

Love you all!
Kac

PS don't worry Annie will be back, I think we are going to switch off or something like that :)

2 comments:

  1. WELL anytime you can quote "Forgotten God" you know I'm going to be a fan!! :) I love this, Kacie and how cool that God was able to meet you in maybe the unlikeliest of places on the GLOBE that you thought you would ever find yourself to pour this truth into you. Come to me. So simple yet SOOOOO deep and hard!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i still need to read that book! i can see i'm going to like it! I like the part you quoted,
    In fact, the decisions we make next year will be profoundly affected by the degree to which we submit to the Spirit right now, in TODAY's decisions.
    wow awesome!....i totally followed your thoughts kacie:)

    ReplyDelete