Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16- Morning


There is definitely something about the morning: the freshness, the stillness, the haziness we are still coming out of. The morning represents everything about the day's potential. As our eyes open and we prepare our minds and bodies to face another day, we still have before us limitless possibilities- some of which we can control and others we can't. In many ways, morning should ideallly mean a clean slate, a refreshed mind, a rested body and mercies fresh from God. So as I read today's entry (not in the morning, ooops!) I was reminded of why it changes the whole day when we start it with God. I think our first thoughts of the day set the tone for the remainder of our waking hours, because it is then that we are both fresh and vulnerable: a perfect place for God to fill our hearts.

So let's commit to thinking first thing in the morning about whatever is pure, noble, true, right, lovely and admirable. Plenty of things that do no fit these adjectives will come at us all day long, and I think guarding our first waking moments and thinking about the beauty of the One who sustains us through the night might be one of the best ways to let his Kingdom come here on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Katie!
    So good - I decided to read your entry today out loud for some reason and I'm very glad I did that. It read like a poem; beautiful writing! I love the possibilities that lie in the morning hours. Thank you for bringing all of that purity to our attention! Love you!

    ReplyDelete