
"When things seem to be going all wrong, stop and affirm your trust in me."
While I was reading through this entry, I couldn't help but think of the mighty shepherd we call our God. When my mind is wandering, spinning, and is far from God and His sovereignty I think of Matthew and the beautiful parable Jesus told about the kind of Shepherd He is:
Matthew 18:12-14
“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth: he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.”
He will stop and look for us when we're trying to handle life on our own. He will search for our hearts and not give up until the day that we come home. Even if we're wandering only for half a day, our Shepherd will leave the rest of the flock to gather us up in His arms, in His absolute security. And better yet- He's happy to do it.
So often I wrap my faith up in the efforts of me. If I didn't take the time to intentionally be quiet before the Lord today- I must work extra hard to find Him throughout this swirling busyness. No way... I must give my Shepherd more credit than that. He is actively seeking me today and will gladly leave the rest of His sheep time and time again to bring me back in the midst of His peaceful, perfect presence. All I need to do is acknowledge Him.
"Jehovah-Rohi"- The Lord is My Shepherd.
Bring me back, Jesus. Take me back. I once was lost. But now I'm found. I was blind. But now I see.

What an amazing, unbelievable, glorious God we have! This was a great entry, Kristin - He will come looking for us whenever we run off - and I loved how you said the truth, how He's happy to do it. That's amazing to me! He loves us THAT much! Wonderful entry - let's acknowledge Him a lot today! :) love you!
ReplyDeletemmm, Kristin. 'I must give my Shepherd more credit than that.' So true. Thank you and praise God for all of the reminders in this entry of yours. You're dead on!
ReplyDelete