Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010 - I Want You to be All Mine

Imagine this - With a safety net that never fails!


When I saw this title last night, I knew it was going to be a tough entry for me. Not because I'm so determined to keep other things besides God first in my life, but because I know I do it uncontrollably. And that, to me, is a scarier and harder situation to get out of. I know that the Lord's way is the best chance for me to have a fulfilling day and life but for some reason I feel like I've come to a halt in my growth.
Sadly, I feel like my faith is strongest when I'm in a tough place emotionally or physically. Now that I find myself comfortable again, my faith is dwindling. It's almost like it's more of an effort to seek out God's way when my own suffices. That sucks! I want to have a hunger to learn His ways and have Him control my every move every day, but right now, that's work for me.

Lord - Thank you for each day that you give me. Please have patience with me. Help me to seek You first, to love You first and to follow You every moment of the day. Thank you for keeping Your eye on me. I feel we all need that kind of guardian, so thank you.

What did you think about today's Kris? Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! What an awesome entry from you and of course from the book.

    I think you are so incredibly mature beyond your years for recognizing how deeply God moves when we're in the midst of a trial.

    I have the hardest time with dependency. Because we serve a God that isn't constantly in our face like people, circumstance, or the crazy media around us- I suffer with comepletely depending on Him. One thing I do know- if ever I feel like I'm drifting from my savior- I know that if I read about his life in the books of the Bible Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John I get to KNOW him better.

    He already knows me... perfectly. And I owe it to Him to get to know HIM in every way I can... even when it's hard.

    I can't wait to talk more tomorrow. Love you Katie- and everybody else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet sister - and SO TRUE that we owe it to Him to get to know Him!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete