Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2 - I am Renewing Your Mind


The second sentence in today's entry is dead on. "When your thoughts flow freely, they tend to move toward problems." I always find my mind doing that, which then makes me more anxious and nervous for things I usually have no control over.
Instead, whenever we feel our minds drifting away to a problem or concern we need to direct that thought back to our Savior. He will guide us and keep us from harm.
It calls us to train our minds to find the Lord in every moment and every situation. "Sometimes we can find [Him] in our surroundings; a lilting birdsong, a loved one's smile, golden sunlight." It's true, we can find our God in everything, it's just a matter of if we try to or not.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I really loved that verse because it tells us not to conform to the ways of this world. Sometimes I feel just like I want to fit in, because I've stood out in different ways for so long. But this passage calls me to not conform because then I will be able to test God's PERFECT will.

What thoughts were running through your mind this morning, after you read this one? Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Katie-

    That entry by you was amazing! Everything from the picture to the wisdom and vulnerability. Romans 12:2 is one of my favorite verses. I love it because it is such a challenge that will never ever get old or accomplished by me. There's no way I'm ever going to perfectly understand what it means to 'not conform to this world' but God wins and the evil one loses when I am aware of it and choose heaven over earth!

    I loved what you said about choosing to see God in our surroundings. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the country... and sometimes I don't recognize palm trees like I used to, or appreciate 70 degree weather when it's the middle of January. That challenged me, Katie. I want to be able to see God in the little (and BIG) things of this world.

    So it's an interesting balance... do not conform to this world, but at the same time, appreciate God's creation and others in this world so we can grow closer to Him and worship Him in new ways! I like that challenge.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete