Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24 - Be Still in the Light

How many times a day are we aware of our Heavenly Father's indescribable love for us? To answer my own question, I do not focus on that as much as I should.

This devotion was eye opening to the fact that if we experienced the Lord's love for us while still on earth, it would be overwhelming and we would end up feeling crushed by the magnitude of it. That's incredible to me! Jesus has so much love for us that He even has to HOLD BACK on the love He shows us on earth. I've grown up knowing that God is love and that love is above faith and hope, but I hadn't realized that the Lord is capable of loving us so entirely that He is actually putting most of His love off to the side for when we can actually handle and enjoy it in heaven.
I am very upset that I can't find the necklace you got me like this
one, sister. I'm sorry! But I saw it and thought it was appropriate.


You are constantly aware of limitations: you own and others'. But there is no limit to My Love; it fills all of space, time, and eternity.

It struck me that we are always aware of limitations; our own defeats, other's unimaginable goals, gravity, our inabilities as humans. But GOD'S LOVE transcends all that we constantly put boxes around. His love fills all of space, time and eternity. We can't even picture how that's done! (I can't anyways!) But HE loves US so much - the people who don't deserve it in the first place - His love is unmeasurable, indescribable and bone crushing if we were to feel the intensity of it here on earth. Praise be to God! :) He IS love and He loves US with undefinable strength.

Love You, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Kaite, the same things stood out to me in this entry. How amazing that God is holding back some of His perfect love for when we finally see and feel His true glory in heaven? I thought that was incredibe. I loved the verses that went along with this entry too. When I saw 1 Corinthians 13- I immediately thought- okay I know this chapter... 'love is patient, love is kind...love never fails,' but in verse 12 Paul describes how that love earlier described is ONLY possible- in complete form- in heaven!

    "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but THEN face to face. Now I know in part, THEN I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."

    THEN= heaven. I can't wait for 'then.' :)

    Love you, Katie

    ReplyDelete