Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27- Keep Your Eyes On Me!



In the February 27th entry Sarah writes,

"Your gravest danger is worrying about tomorrow. If you try to carry tomorrow's burdens today, you will stagger under the load and eventually fall flat. You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today."

What does that mean to discipline yourself in this way?

Quite honestly, I loved that she used the word discipline here because I think it does take quite a bit of effort on our part. I think sometimes I'm guilty of wanting God to be GOD and just change me! Even though He is more than able to change anyone at any time I think that's the easy way out. God calls us to follow Him, to know Him and to TRUST Him. And the only way that truly happens is to practice following, knowing and trusting Him!

I think the worries of tomorrow melt away when we're able to SEE God in the everyday things. Taking the time to look someone in the eye, asking how someone is and waiting around long enough to truly listen to their answer, seeing a mom and dad walk their little one down the street, or even letting someone in during the worst of traffic are all everyday things that God is SO visible in.

Lord, help me to discipline my mind and heart to trust you TODAY and be aware only of TODAY. Jesus, you lived a life on this very earth with the one purpose to die for me. In reflection of that, I desire for my life to be a dedication to you and what you have done. I want to follow you, I want to know you, and I deeply want to trust you. And I do.... with today.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness - it's so true seeing God in actions that people do throughout the day! I've always thought 'seeing God' on earth meant seeing Him in nature; in a beautiful sunset or blooming flower. It's those little victories again though! Those victories for everyone!
    Love it, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete