Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21, Trust and Thankfulness



These two words are KEY for my faith in Jesus to conquer the world around me.

"TRUST protects you from worrying and obsessing, THANKFULNESS keeps you from criticizing and complaining."

Wow. If I were to think about a typical day in the life of Kristin Stockfisch- I would have to sadly admit that there's probably a lot more worrying, obsessing, criticizing and complaining going on than the likes of trust and thankfulness. This is what I love about the truth of Christ... It's looks me straight in the eye and uncovers where I've drifted from Him and gently invites me back to live a life wrapped around His grace and love.

Yesterday was a long day for Austin and me. We started our morning driving to Queen Creek at about 6 a.m. so I could coach my 16 year-old club volleyball team (that could use some trust and thankfulness!) ANYWAY- We drove from there to the opposite end of the valley to Surprise for a Pro Baseball outreach that was happening at a Spring Training stadium. When I read this entry this morning I immediately thought of the end of last night when all I could do was complain to Austin about how tired and hungry I was. (I even made him give me a piggy-back ride to our car) :) But the point is, instead of being so grateful for safe travel, a couple of hours that the rain had stopped so the event could go on, and the chance for Pro Baseball players to use their platform to share how Jesus had changed their lives, I was 'cold and exhausted.'

These 'sister sins' of worry and complaint easily entangle me at times. It will be such a great challenge and reminder that when I catch myself in worry or obsession- I NEED to fix my eyes on Jesus. Or when I'm criticizing myself, others, or complaining about how 'life's not goin' my way' - I NEED to be thankful that I have a breath to breathe that complaint.


Father, forgive me for my attitude at the end of the day last night. Lord, may I be aware of these sins that the evil one wants me to fall further into and reject him with the power of YOU living inside of me. I am SO thankful for all I have in YOU and all the bonuses of this life- like a husband, an amazing family, friends that 'get' You, a house, a job, and a healthy body. And I will continue to trust you and teach myself how to trust you when worries seem to be creeping in. Thank you. I trust you. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read this out loud to our parents because it was so well written!!! Whenever I don't get as much out of an entry (like the one before this one, or whichever!) and you write it for our blog, I always suddenly get it! You have a way with words that is so indescribable, sister. Nice job! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete