Ok, how ironic is this?
This past weekend I was at TJ Maxx (a great store!) and bought a very inexpensive planner, because I don't have one and it was adorable. Then I read today's entry. "Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning. Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me."

Perfect, huh? :)
I know God isn't telling me to burn all planners in sight, but He is telling us to not over plan and analyze every detail of our day; which I could have started doing with the new planner I bought. He has every detail and breath already worked out, so we don't have to worry about what comes next.
I have gotten the feeling that lately Jesus Calling has been emphasizing that we do not need to worry ourselves over the future. Everything from tomorrow to 20, 50, 100 years from now, God has planned. And because God knows the desires of our hearts and He won't forsake us, we have our lives pretty much set if we just trust in Him and follow His path. I feel like a deep sigh of relief is in order. We do not need to worry about our futures! How perfect is that?
Love you, everyone!

it is a cute planner though!
ReplyDeleteI loved this, Katie!!
ReplyDeleteHow funny is it when God says something SO clearly???
I am learning more about trusting God through this book than I ever have before. It seems so simple- but at least for me... becomes one of the hardest things to grasp.
LOVE YOU- it is a cute planner, mom!