It is printed on our money - let THAT remind us to trust
Him completely every moment of the day!
It's perfect that this book throws in devotionals about time being spent with God fairly often because right now, I feel like I need that reminder once in a while. I'd love to say that I have everything figured out and under control with my faith, but there are two reasons why I'm okay with not saying that.
1 - We just learned that there is no 'further along Christian' in our walk with Jesus (which doesn't mean we should slack on purpose and still feel content about it).
2 - Our God is not one to blame His children for where they currently are in their faith. He knows everything we are thinking, and everything we are going to do; that, to me, is completely reassuring.
Whenever I feel myself slipping away, however, I need to (and don't always) ask God for help. Humans have a very self assured way of walking through life, but sometimes we (I) need to just let that go! Our Lord is the only one who can fulfill our lives, help us make right decisions and keep us safe from the evils of the earth. We need to Trust Him Enough. Here, He isn't even asking for every single fiber of trust we have (which He deserves). But He's asking for enough trust. Enough trust to spend time with Him; in turn He'll bless our day and help us to accomplish more in less time.
Lord - Thank you for being a God of forgiveness and faith. You know our every thought and action, and You still love us unconditionally. Help us to spend extra time with you in the mornings. Help us not to feel guilty for something that is so pleasing to You, and in turn will help us have a more productive and joyous day in Your light. We love You, God! Thank you for blessing our lives. Amen.
l, b & h!

I SOOOOOO know what you mean when you say human self-assurance. I am so guilty of 'trying' too hard. It's amazing how effortlessly life seems to flow when I let God be God and all myself to be the fallen human being that I am!
ReplyDeleteEven though it's hard for me to come to grips with that sometimes, it really is a rewarding feeling to cast all my cares on HIM and try out this thing called TRUST!
Don't you feel like you're learning more and more about the meaning of the word trust through this journey k?
love you :)
Yes! Definitely!! The word trust is not just something you test when you fall into the arms of another :) it's a way of life! And it's FACT that if we trust our Lord, our life will be blessed. How incredible!
ReplyDeletelove!!!