Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 13 - Peace be with you!

And also with you!

Those are the words I first thought of when I read today's devotional, but it is SO much more about Christ's peace with us than wishing it upon someone when many people don't pay attention to what it really means. Christ's peace is something that everyone could acquire, but also one that I would say goes most unnoticed. Like Sarah Young beautifully wrote, "It is a rare treasure, dazzling in delicate beauty yet strong enough to withstand all onslaughts." This, to me, describes Jesus perfectly.

When His peace is upon you, you can tell. There were moments in my life when I knew the Lord had a plan for me, because I could feel His peace resting on my shoulders at that moment. Those times are few and far between, but I long for them! Christ's peace is the most refreshment you could ask for. Yet, it is rarely chased. People may not know the power it has. However, sitting and focusing on the Lord (His Power, His Light, His Beauty) will bring His peace onto you.


Today's entry reminded me of something I thought about again a few days ago - that children's faith are unstoppable. They believe in Jesus as the Son of God because that's what's true! There is no doubt, no world to tell them otherwise, and no believing that this may not be what is the meaning of life. They love the Lord because that's what they believe you do.
How I want a child's faith!
There are so many people that we are now aware of that think we're crazy or plain wrong. We know of their existence now. I believe that's why it is that much harder to profess our faith publicly - we know we're the minority.

Anyway! :) Sitting still, quiet, praising the Lord is something I know I need to do more often during the day. Lord - Thank You for being THE most PERFECT person to ever walk this earth. Thank you for giving us the example of Your Son. Please help us to strive to have your peace on us all day and night. Thank you for loving us. Amen!

LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this! It's so true about child-like faith.

    I wish the peace of Jesus could be felt as instantly as we can flash bunny-ears at people, but I feel like much of the reward is found in the journey of SEEKING Him, being quiet and soaking in His Presence.

    You are such an awesome sister!

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete