Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1- I am Involved In Each Moment of Your Life


It's June... when did that happen?

I was filled with an overwhelming feeling while I sat and meditated on these words and verses that God is surprised by nothing. Nothing. He is immovable and never shaken. Irregardless of the magnitude of trouble that comes our way today- He is not moved. And better than that... He was involved.

It is impossible to go through this life or even a single day in this life without some sort of trouble, trial, or tribulation. And even though I've often been told "God won't give you anything you can't handle" I wonder if maybe He purposely does because of His desperate desire to be close to His children. And as I think deeper, there have been trials in my life -when looking back- I see nothing but God's fingerprints over every bump and bruise. This leads me to the comforting conclusion that I CAN'T HANDLE IT... but HE CAN. And He has. And He will.

His beautiful artistry and matchless creativity allow for our own perfect plan to be constructed. Each day is a page in this journey, and like every good story, only the Author knows when and how it will end. And I don't know about you girls, but I would love nothing more than to read at the end of each page; She was scared, unsure, and heavy-laden, but she drew close to her maker and trusted Him in all of her ways.

What will the end of your page today say?


Love you all,


KS

4 comments:

  1. I love your words, Kristin, and I LOVE trusting that our great Author is the only one who knows the ending- along with the beginning, the middle, and all the details in between.

    Twice this devotion mentioned that we live in a "fallen" world- a world where people are broken, relationships are messy, and circumstances shaky. What an amazing privilege to walk through this minefield of life knowing that the holy Spirit is guiding us step by step!

    Thanks, Kris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristin! beautiful. i'm probably going to read this one again and again. God sure was speaking through you and giving you perspective while reading and writing this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This leads me to the comforting conclusion that I CAN'T HANDLE IT... but HE CAN. And He has. And He will."

    This is so true, Kristin. God is faithful. He'll be our ever-present help in times of trouble. (Ps 46:1)

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful message. I love the idea that God gives us trials so we can finally lean on Him the way He wants us to. Truer words were never spoken.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete