...washing away fear and distrust.
I picture a beautiful clear stream continually cleansing the rocks at the bottom. The constant flow of water washes away the dirt, grime and jagged edges of these rocks. God does the same with me. His love flows right through me washing away my fear and distrust. Much like how the rocks are a part of the stream, continually being cleansed and shaped, God needs to be a constant in my thoughts and decision making.
So often I say or journal about how God is always with me, yet in the moment, I forget to have "trusting dependance" on my heavenly father. I need to be gently reminded to bring my focus back to Him.
I am so thankful for the last sentence, "I look for PERSISTENCE-rather than perfection-in your walk with me."
Psalm 52:8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you.
LOVE

kacie, what a great entry. beautiful picture and imagery, i love that. especially because it takes TIME for the rocks to be perfected, as our growth takes time. but the water never gives up. awesome verses too, ones i often ask for God to show me just how true those are. it's like i can't comprehend it on my own! thanks for such a great interpretation.
ReplyDeleteI also loved this word-picture! Especially about the jagged edges. I was thinking this morning about how many things I want to change about my walk or spiritual journey and this was a great reminder that his love, molding, and washing is a constant flow!
ReplyDeletePersistence and not perfection... what a gracious God!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kacie!
i love how you talk about how the "rocks are continually being cleansed and shaped"....what a great picture as to how God is ALWAYS with us shaping our path!
ReplyDelete