Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3 - Relax in My Healing, Holy Presence

http://www.rosaryworkshop.com/WG-317-BeStillAndKnow.jpg

Sarah Young today reminds me to
        Let go of my concerns...
               Be still...
                       Cease striving...
                            Step out of the traffic...

... and know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God is God. The most high. The reason for all that is.

I really needed this today. My days are usually busy, but today I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping well. And, I have a cold. So, all the striving that I feel I need to do is taking a backseat to my body's protests. Stop. Breathe in & listen to your Lord. Breathe out & respond to what you've heard by breathing in again.

The rhythm of what God wants from us every day is beautiful & simple. The Lord wants us to let go of all of it. Lay the burden at His feet.

There. That feels better!

Dear Lord, please help me to breathe in and out today in the natural rhythm of your love & care for me. I want to give my day's burdens to you. Will you help me to do this?

Amen

Psalm 46:10 -
    Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God.
      I rule the nations.  I rule the earth. 

  

2 comments:

  1. I needed that this morning too mom!! Thanks for the vulnerability and the reminder! Great stuff.

    Love you,

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mom. Amazing writing! It just all makes so much sense - God WANTS our burdens!! I agree with Kristin, great stuff!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete