Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9th- Seek to live in my love


...which covers a multitude of sins: both yours and others'.

I will always remember being a first time huddle leader at FCA camp. I was unprepared, nervous, and, in my opinion, unqualified. The night before all the campers came, some of the veteran huddle leaders were talking about their experiences and what to expect. Kristin said something I will never forget. The advice she gave was to "love, love, love your girls until they ask why". That was something I really took to heart. I think it applies not only to camp, but to life as well. As christians we experience the amazing powerful love of God, and we should strive to share this love with others. What is more contagious than a child of God who radiates the light of His presence??

Love,
Kace


1 comment:

  1. Kacie, I read this a week ago and the site wouldn't let me write a comment- but now it will and I completely remember hearing that for the first time from someone else at camp too. It puts not only those four (LONG) days into perspective- but this life. I long for the day when some stranger or acquaintance in my life asks me why I'm so filled up or why I love them without reason- and I'd be able to confidently say- I love because HE first loved us!

    Your words are so true and honest and I love being able to read them!

    Thanks Kace!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete