Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 6 - Seek My Face


You guys! Blogger was not working for me Sunday or yesterday - so I'm sorry I'm definitely late with this post!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that I have written about seeing God in the beauty of the world a lot in this blog. That must mean that Sarah Young found that in her prayers with our Heavenly Father that it is pretty important! I'm thinking that maybe God realizes that we need subtle reminders that:
1. We aren't the center of the universe or world when we're having a moment of overwhelming pride.
2. God can handle our worries and burdens because LOOK at what He has handled and made in the past.
and
3. He made the most beautiful universe I could ever imagine. He made the dew on the grass in the morning; He made the stars in the sky - and He has a name for each one! And in spite of the fact that He made all these glorious things, He loves US - the fallen - most of all. How incredible is that?? He loves US more than the most beautiful sunset you've ever seen. He loves US more than the Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls. He loves us so that He will not forsake us, not even for a second.

Maybe I'm way off, but even if I am, I'm going to take the beautiful things around me as triggers for these three thoughts and hope that they are what God wants us to think when we gaze at His creation.

Love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I NEVER thought of His amazing love in that way! Out of all the indescribable beauty in this world- He loves US- the most fallen- the most! :)

    Wow, what a perspective that puts things into, huh? Great entry! :) Love you

    ReplyDelete