Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Remember That You Live In A Fallen World


...tainted by sin.

Ok, honestly at first I thought, "Whoa how depressing is that first line!? I'm definitely starting this post with something a little more refreshing." But then I caught myself, I was striving for "perfection" in just that one sentence! THIS is exactly what God is trying to tell us!

There is a want and desire in us all for everything in our live to be happy, pleasant, pretty, and perfect - just as we want it. Jesus says this is ok, IF THE ONLY WAY way we go about striving for perfection is through him. Sadly, because we live in a "fallen world" and are sinners, it is not always how we go about achievement.

In the opening sentence of today's devotion I began to picture filth, money driven motives, crime, unfaithfulness, anything but happiness, failure. But what I think can really be found in that sentence is hope, desire, yearning, happiness, love, and thankfulness for relationship with our Lord. We do live in a world tainted by sin BUT we are not at it alone, we have the best rock to lean on EVER!

Our Savior created us and put us in this surrounding world fully knowing of what strife and struggles we would be upon, wanting us to lean only on him ! If we did not have to deal with all these worldly idols (money, fashion, fame, popularity), if we were not "tainted" would we still have such a strong desire and need to build a deep relationship with our One and ONLY idol?!

There is no delight in this world, nothing or no one that can satisfy the deepest desires of our hearts than Our Jesus! ( Psalm 37:4)

LOVE!




2 comments:

  1. sorry i was M.I.A. last week ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If we did not have to deal with all these worldly idols (money, fashion, fame, popularity), if we were not "tainted" would we still have such a strong desire and need to build a deep relationship with our One and ONLY idol?!"

    I LOVED this!! It's so true and it was so perfectly convicting for me! Well done!

    :)

    ReplyDelete