Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 17th - Come Away With Me


You better believe that the second after I read those first few words "come away with me" I dropped my book, closed my eyes, and just took a nice deep breath.....those few minutes were probably some of the most peaceful minutes of my day!

How true is it that many times we "march to the tempo of this world?!" Even if it is running from one volunteer job, to a bible study, and then to meet a friend for coffee because she needs a hug - we still are surrounded by the bustling ways of the world.

I was raised in a BUSY home. None of my family's "busyness" was tedious, it was all fun or brought joy to others, but it just became the way of life. Over the past few years the Lord has really laid into my heart that I need to work on this lifestyle and how to SLOW DOWN. Like Sarah says, when we make time for Him it brings us our "deepest joy." AMEN! Nothing that we are "chasing" when we are busy as a bee can quench that deepest desire!

Just as we desire to have our deepest joy filled, so does our Lord! How he smiles when we spend time with him :)

Let me share one of my silliest, but definately needed, work secrets. We all know work can be not so fun, or lets just say busy. We have little cubbies in our one person restroom at work where people keep workout clothes, toothbrushes, any small thing like that. I like to keep my bible:) When I'm feeling like i just need a time out....yep i'm in the restroom reading the B-i-b-l-e random flip style. Although the scenery isn't the greatest, those few moments in the Word are the best breath of fresh air. With that being said - how do you ladies call for a timeout in the day to spend some time with Him? How do you stop the clock to just breath?!


LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment