Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rest In My Presence..


...when you need refreshment.

I know that today's devotional starts out discussing 'rest', but the theme that stuck out the most to me was trust. I don't about all of you, but trust is one of the scariest words in the entire English language for me. Its one of those words that get stuck in my throat a lot and it is not very often that I openly admit that I trust someone. Trust is something, to me, that must be earned. For years, I was waiting for God to prove that He was worth putting my trust in, and time and time again, I would lose my faith or 'trust' in Him when things didn't go exactly my way. More recently I have realized that when things did not go the way I wanted, the result was much more worth while and ended up being the right way. I started to understand that I should and could trust what God was and still is doing in my life.


To get a better grasp of trust I decided to look it up and there are about 24 definitions and uses of the word trust, but the one that hit me most was: a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust. It was refreshing to see that God was used as an example, and in such a way. The definition did not say 'I trust in God', it said 'God is MY trust'. We don't just put our faith in God; He IS our faith and He IS our trust. Not only does He want us to put our trust in Him, he 'delights' in it.

I think as a whole, people need to start seeing God as their trust and rely on Him in any time of need or refreshment. When we get tired, we should relax in His Presence displaying our trust.

In returning to Me and resting in Me you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength.

This is all sort of jumbled together and may be hard to follow (my apologies), but as I said before, I don't really know you girls, but I would really love to hear your thoughts and your opinion of trust.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Love,
Annie



1 comment:

  1. It's not jumbled and all over the place, Annie, it is honest and a topic that is so hard to describe with words! I think we will be wrestling with trust our whole lives... and I really mean until we are with Jesus in Heaven! I think we might almost get to the point where we 100% without a doubt trust trust trust God is always good, but because we are a broken people living in a broken world we will always have the whisper of sin wanting us to question that trust.

    So, that is why we need the whole body of Christ, because in our moments of doubt we will have a friend stand in the gap and trust when we can't. And then when life hits them hard, we will trust for them. I think about John the Baptist, one of the mightiest warriors of God in the Bible, and even near the end of his life he still had to ask- to make sure- Jesus, are you the ONE we've been waiting for? He trusted, he had as much faith as anyone history, and he still needed someone to tell him, yes, this is the ONE we've been waiting for!

    Sorry, long answer! But I love your thoughts, Annie, and I am so glad you've joined us!

    ReplyDelete