Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4 - When You Worship Me

I always knew that thanking God before asking for favors or for specific prayers is good. I try to thank him as much as I can (when I remember to do so). But this Independence Day entry really opened my eyes to how important thanking our Father all day, every day.

Sarah Young wrote here that when we worship him in spirit and truth, we join in with choirs of angels. "Though you cannot hear their voices, your praise and thanksgiving are distinctly audible in heaven." Angels in heaven are constantly singing of God's glory - when we do, we're just joining in the fun! We can't hear them, but they can hear us. And I'm guessing that there is some different rejoicing whenever they hear us begin thanking and praising our Father again.

I know July 4th was yesterday, but let's still practice praising and thanking God throughout this day. Whenever we see something brilliantly hopeful - praise our Father for the hope that he brings to the world everyday. When you see something dreadful - praise our Father. It will be harder, I'm sure. But one thing we should all keep in the front of our minds is that our God is an unstoppable God. And he is GOOD.

Love you all! And happy belated birthday, America!

american-flag.jpg image by Sorrai

2 comments:

  1. love it, Katie - Praise & thank him when you see something hopeful & when you see something dreadful...so true & so hard to remember! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you're the best!! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete