Wow. God knew exactly what I needed to hear today. For the first time since I planned my crazy busy summer schedule I woke up completely overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with how amazing this next month is will to be, but also overwhelmed with uncertainty. At the same time, thinking about everything I need to get done today, errands, packing for a wedding and China, seeing family...etc. I open up Jesus Calling and the first word I read is TRUST.
TRUST me in ALL your thoughts.
Trust - assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone.
Practice thinking in certain ways- trusting me, thanking me- and those thoughts become more natural.
Practice is crucial. I have spent countless hours practicing softball so I can react in a game. It becomes natural. Just like routine plays are performed without even needing to think about them, trusting and thanking God needs to be reflexive and natural.
Reject negative and sinful thoughts as soon as you become aware of them. Don't try and hid them from me; confess them and leave them with me.
God wants to know our deepest darkest secrets and to love us through them.
Go on your way lightheartedly.
(Jesus says) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
This method of controlling your thoughts will keep your mind in My presence and your feet on the path of peace.
This is right where I want to be.
Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Luke 1:79
to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."
LOVE
Kace
PS I will be MIA for the next month so if someone wants to pick up Wednesdays feel free to! :)

Kacie! What beautiful words. I loved how you laid out what you were saying - and I love how God knew that's what you needed to hear on Wednesday the 7th. What an amazing God!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time on your adventures!! Praying for you :)
WE WILL MISS YOU KACIE AND CHINA IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU FOR THE NEXT MONTH!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Kris