Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Monday, July 12, 2010

the most wonderful name...



This simple entry is so packed with power! Before I moved from Pennsylvania in May, I went to an incredibly awesome prayer group with my mentor, and was blessed to have 5 mighty women of God cover me in prayer for all of my insecurities, fears, strongholds of sins, and for a rock solid faith in our Savior. The woman leading the group, Lynn, said to me that when I pray, I should be intentional about praying "In the Name of Jesus of Nazareth..." because there is no name that our enemy cannot stand to hear more than that, and no name sweeter to the Lord's ear than his precious son. So, since then I have found myself praying and saying "Jesus..." And when I was in Colombia, I often stopped in the middle of a scary moment or confusing situation and just said in a whisper, "Jesus..."

"This simple prayer can restore your awareness of my presence..." I have found that this statement is so true! There is a calming that just washes over me when I say the most powerful name in History and allow myself to believe that His name is bigger and stronger than my circumstances. I could be surrounded by nothing but unfamiliarity, but feel for a moment like I am somewhere- safe and sound in the Hands of His Name.

I'd love for us all to truly try saying his perfect name all week, then report back with stories of the peace He brings us!

Sending my love and prayers out, Katie

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful entry, Katie Mahoney! I loved reading that reassurance that Jesus is the most feared and loved name in the history of the world! How amazing that HE loves US! :) sending my prayers right back to you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great katie! how amazing that just a small whisper can be packed with so much power and assurance :)

    ReplyDelete