Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Monday, March 15, 2010

March 14- Never Hesitate To Receive Joy From Me

I loved how this passage said "In a world characterized by working and taking, the admonition to rest and receive seems too easy."

I fall into the trap so often of wanting to 'work' to know God is joyful of how I've been living my life. When in reality, He receives the most joy when I am at rest and not constantly at work to make myself worthy. Because the hard truth is- I'm NEVER GOING TO BE WORTHY. That's why God's grace is so amazing. He wants us to rest in His presence and receive His joy despite how unworthy and fallen we are.

Whenever I'm unsure of this love- I go straight to this passage in Ephesians. I loved that Sarah Young included this verse because of how powerfully it portrays God's perfect love.


"That according to the RICHES of of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, SO that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith- that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to COMPREHEND with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know that the love of Christ that SURPASSES KNOWLEDGE that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

LOVE TO YOU ALL :)

Apologies for not writing- I was without internet all weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Kris-sis,
    I cried during the first paragraph because you described where I was at yesterday, and where I'm at now so perfectly. It's amazing! The Lord made us sisters and I cannot thank Him enough each day because of that. You're such a blessing in my life and I'm sorry because I know I don't tell you that enough!

    Love your words - you're the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete