Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9 - Rest in My Radiant Presence


When you spin a child around by their hands, you basically stay in the same spot. The child, however, is spun around and around - with no control - and the world that once seemed so clear is now a complete blur to them. This is how God must feel with us when our world seems to become a giant blur; instead of something familiar to us. He is stationary. We, hopefully, are grabbing onto His hands as tight as we can because we know if we let go, we'll tumble down and eventually get hurt.
He is the calm in the center of the storm. He will not let go of us, or let us fall too deeply. The eye of a hurricane is usually deathly frightening (as I hear from movies). But the center where our Father is is Peace, Joy and His Love.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another,
God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
1 John 4:12

I love this verse a lot for some reason. I have a feeling that it's because this verse explains that we're all on the same playing field. The people who are furthest away from Christ or the people who have been a relationship with Him for years both have never seen God. But! If we LOVE each other, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us. Wow! If that isn't reason enough to love every person you come in contact with, I don't know what is!
I hate that I do, but I need this reminder a lot. I need to truly remember that every person walking this planet is a complete miracle and vision of our Heavenly Father. If we begin to look at every life that way, we couldn't help but show immense love and joy to every person we meet! What a different world we would live in.

Lord! Thank You for the love that you show each and every one of us. I cannot believe that you have been SO faithful to me and my family. Lord, please help our loved ones realize today how much You love them! Thank You for loving us unconditionally, Lord. WE LOVE YOU!

Love to all!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie Joy!

    I absolutely loved this illustration about the child being spun around. It's SO TRUE. I sometimes feel scared not being the one that is in constant control- but when I think about ME trying to to be that person that has a solid foundation, never falters, and is overall PERFECT- I'm glad that job belongs to the God of the universe. I loved it.

    Love you,

    K

    ReplyDelete