Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8- Save Your Best Striving For Seeking Me


"Search for the Lord and for His Strength. Seek His face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11

I love any time a verse from the old testament is given because it reminds me that the God of Moses, Joseph, and David is still the same GRAND and MIGHTY God I talked to this morning.

I think the problem solver in me was challenged by this entry. I have the tendency when I'm dealing with a new challenge to 'think and analyze' my way out of it. Jesus must just be shaking His head at me from heaven because of the circles I'm running- when all along there is one true exit for moving forward... PRAYER

I'm reading a book right now about the power of prayer as a wife for your husband and it has brought to my attention how many times I try to dance around situations- either with Austin, our marriage, or just my life in general instead of humbling myself and praying about it. These actions would make you think that I don't believe in the FAITHFUL and awe-inspiring power of prayer... but I do! Sometimes it's just always my FIRST inclination. I'm too prideful to be asking for help THIS early into the problem! :)

What I love about being a follower of Jesus is the power of being aware of when He's working in me. This book brings about a new challenge for me every morning and there have been areas that I've slowly seen God stretching my patience, prolonging my trust, or softening my heart towards certain situations. And those are only the few examples that I've temporarily given up the reins! There's a long way to go. But I hope you feel encouraged to know that bottom line- this Jesus stuff... it works. He's faithful. He's among us and He can't wait to move in us even more!

Jesus, I promise to seek You and Your Strength today. Allow me to focus on your Kingdom so that my life could even barely reflect who it is that You are. I pray over all the wonderful women reading this book as well. Would they begin to see changes in themselves that can only be brought about by your heavenly transformations! Thank you for your grace and the promise to come again! And thank you for guiding us on this journey. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Kristin Grace! How I love when you hit something in my heart - you're SO good at humbling yourself in your walk with Christ, sister!

    I love how you tell us that this Jesus stuff works :) it's refreshing to look at it in that light sometimes. As Christians sometimes I feel like our job is harder because we know when we sin and we have to give up the reins to our lives constantly - but it's SO WORTH IT!

    Love you KrisSis!

    ReplyDelete