Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 26- Waiting on Me


This painting is called "Waiting in Repose" by Dale Wicks

Sometimes when I am challenged by the words in this devotional I am struck and encouraged with Sarah Young writes things like this "Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live, all day.

This hardship of waiting is actually natural for us. If we decide and commit to let go of ourselves and our control- we will NATURALLY be living a life basked in the Holy Spirit. It does take discipline, yes. But the thought of the GREAT designer creating us in a way that we are comfortable in waiting, pleasured in handing over the reins, and delighted to think less of ourselves is marvelous! There is just ONE thing in the way... US!

So get out of your way- or rather- get out of God's way today. And take the time to physically sit and wait upon the Lord and His mighty Presence. Even if the only place you're alone and quiet all day today is in the bathroom! Sit, and wait upon the Lord to come and fill you up. It's amazing how those moments of stillness can set the tone for the rest of the day. Why? Because:

"My Presence is FULLNESS OF JOY." Psalm 16:11

You will leave (the bathroom maybe :) feeling JOYFUL. And full of God's mighty Presence.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of watching a Friends episode or listening to way too loud music this morning while I'm about to shower, I'm going to sit and wait in His presence!
    Again, brilliant writing, sister!

    ReplyDelete