Realizing how much the Lord loves us with the help of our daily devotional - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Friday, March 26, 2010

March 25- Let Your Thankfulness Temper All Your Thoughts


He is the greatest refreshment


There is a verse you gotta read. I don't know if it will have the same impact for you that it did for me- but it's one of those verses that I want to right over and over again on sticky notes to paste all over my house so I can be constantly reminded!

Hebrews 12:28-29:

"Therefore, let us be grateful for receiving a Kingdom that CANNOT BE SHAKEN, and thus, let us offer to God acceptable worship with REVERENCE and AWE for our God is a consuming fire."

Wow. We received the Son- and when that happened, we received His Kingdom that will never so much as crack because of the mighty foundation it is built upon. So LET US BE GRATEFUL. LET US BE IN AWE!

Suddenly- with this eternal perspective...

My grumbling about my husband leaving turns into joy that I found the love of my life.
My complaining about my body hurting turns into thanks that I am able to even walk.
My sore attitude about traffic turns into praise that I even have a car!

Lord, your way is so good. It refreshes me like a spring of the purest water. Allow my worship to acceptable to you today. For you are A CONSUMING FIRE.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, sister!
    I'm so sorry I've been gone from this blog again for far too long - but! You have no idea how many ways you just spoke to me. Your way of viewing the world, our Lord and the simple things around you is truly awe inspiring. Thank you for having such an amazing way with words, because you teach me new things with each entry you write. I love you sister!

    Praise the LORD for His incredible strength - it's unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete