
...through this day.
You know, sometimes this is the hardest thing to do living in the world that we are. Any time I'm in a new situation or learning something for the first time I NEED HELP. However, for some egotistical reason- I work three times as hard on my own to try and 'figure it out' instead of just asking somebody to help me out. Are you at all that way? It is one of earth's GREATEST illusions that there are people that have it all together. I've found that sometimes the ones that put on the biggest front of 'I'm okay, and I've got this' are closest to the edge of a spiritual and emotional breakdown.
It's in the core of who we are because we ARE sinful to want to be independent from God. This urge to accomplish, rise above, and build ourselves up, sadly is... natural. Nevertheless! There is a mighty and true God that so desperately wants us to ask Him for a little more of Him and a little less of us.
It's our choice to ask for help and acknowledge our inadequacy (or not to.) It may seem strange to WANT to acknowledge our inabilities, but in my life, I know some of the most freeing prayers have been when I was suddenly fully aware of how weak I was and how incredibly STRONG my Lord is.
So consider it PURE JOY, my sisters, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing!
James 1:2-4
When we are in Christ, denying ourselves, and in the spirit- we LACK NOTHING!
Amen to that!

Kristin!
ReplyDeleteI think I say this way too much - but BRILLIANTLY written, sister! It's natural for us to strive to be independent and all knowing. But that's impossible! The Lord is willing to accept us even at those times - and love us unconditionally!
How amazing!!!
LOVE!