I decided yesterday that I'm going to get three sets of Day of the Week magnets and put this on the magnetic board right by my door - Today is Thursday. I'm focusing on Thursday and looking forward to Thursday. I'm really excited for this! Through this book I've come to realize that the Lord wants us to live one day at a time because He has our future figured out for us. How freeing! And this is what the devotion was about today.
Trust is not a natural response, especially for those who have been deeply wounded.
I absolutely love when I find out new things that makes our God even more perfect. He
understands that it may be hard to trust Him continuously. And He sympathizes with those who
have been through a lot - what an amazing God!
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has
enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34
Lord - Thank you for being ever so gentle and forgiving towards us. We cannot thank You
enough for that. Today, please help us focus on today. We may be leaning too much on future
events that we don't have any idea how their truly going to turn out. So, Lord, help us remember
that it's all in Your hands, and that there is no need to worry! We love You, Lord! Amen!

Sorry about the weird layout - the paragraphs weren't stopping or something weird. Love!
ReplyDeleteI love that idea about truly taking one day at a time, K. I think that will be an amazing way to give your God your trust at the start of each day and not be too overcome with what's in the future. You are truly an amazing daughter of God- and I can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kris! And definitely same with you! I am beyond excited to see you - which I feel is looking forward to a day that's not today. But I believe God will understand us wanting to see each other :) love you!
ReplyDelete